Architectural Tour of Downtown Detroit - Arkitektonisk rundtur i Downtown Detroit
Wednesday, August 8th, 2018 at 6:00pm
Note: This is a walking tour and will take about 90 minutes.
Where to Park (see orange "P" icons on map)
- One Detroit Garage - 201 Larned Street, Detroit MI 48226
- Central Parking Systems - 730 Shelby Street, Detroit MI 48226
Where to Meet
- One Campus Martius North Side of Campus Martius Park in front of the KAWS statue “Waiting”.
This is marked as point "A" on the map.
What We'll See
- Cadillac Tower 1927 - Louis Kamper
- First National Building 1930 - Albert Kahn and Associates – Wirt Rowland, Designer
- Vinton Building 1917 - Albert Kahn and Associates
- One Woodward 1962 - Minoru Yamasaki
- Guardian Building 1929 - Smith, Hinchman & Grylls – Wirt Rowland, Designer
- Buhl Building 1925 - Smith, Hinchman & Grylls – Wirt Rowland, Designer
- Penobscot Building 1927 - Smith, Hinchman & Grylls – Wirt Rowland, Designer
- Chase Tower 1959 - Albert Kahn and Associates
Where to Eat and Drink Afterwards
- Townhouse 500 Woodward Avenue, Detroit MI 48226
How To Sign Up
- Please send an email with your name(s) to Kicki Lidgren email@example.com to secure your spot.
- Bring cash or check. Includes one drink at Townhouse.
SACC Detroit Members: $15